Savor Our Butternut Squash Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 45 minutes Ready In: 30 minutes
With fall in full swing, soup season is on the rise! This delicious soup is ideal for when you want something savory, simple, and healthy. Enjoy our mouth-watering and creamy butternut squash soup in about 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 medium shallots (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 cups butternut squash (peeled & chopped)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 14oz. can light coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add butternut squash and season with salt, pepper, curry powder, and ground cinnamon. Stir to coat. Then cover and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, maple syrup or coconut sugar, and chili garlic paste (optional – for additional heat).
Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until butternut squash is fork tender.
Transfer soup to a blender, and purée on high until creamy and smooth. If using a blender, return soup back to pot.
Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more curry powder, salt, or sweetener as needed. Continue cooking for a few more minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds and enjoy. Bon Appetit!